Thursday, November 1, 2007

1st Quarter Writeup

1. I really enjoyed the poetry unit. I was a little bit surprised by this, because I thought that I would enjoy the short story unit much more than the poetry unit. However, the poetry was definately fun, and I really enjoyed putting together poems for the poetry packet. It was fun being able to rhyme and think of creative ways to say things, but in less words than in a story or essay. It is more challenging but at times much more fun.

2. I think my strongest piece of writing was the poetry packet. My short stories were pretty good, but I would have aced my poetry packet had I not forgotten the rubric. My poems were about a bunch of things. One was a parody of the song "Because I Got High" that I re-wrote to make fun of Mike Vick for testing positive for marijuana just months before he would be sentanced. Another one was about me missing my dog, Heidi, that was the one I read at the DeCafe. There were a wide range of topics, but they were all so much fun to write and read.

3. I can pretty much write whenever I want to. I am very creative so I don't need a lot of preparation or pre-writing brainstorming to begin writing. The second I think of an idea I just start writing, and the ideas just flow out of me, and I write them down as I go. For that reason, I don't really like structure or direction. Because sometimes I have a really random idea that I'd like to pursue, but if the idea falls outside of what is required, then my idea will go to waste. After I start coming up with ideas it can be hard for me to just start over, because I will still want to pursue the other ones. That is when I can run into writers block.

4. Well, I am already pursuing an interest in movie making. As my friend, Ryan, has written in his Art of Film blog, Ryan and I have begun filming for a movie we like to call "The Michael Vick Musical", and will be continuing work on it this weekend. So, naturally I am interested in movie making and script writing, because I am already doing it and have already done a large amount of it. Aside from that, I also love writing non-fiction write-ups about the Falcons. Like making Mock Drafts for what I think they should do or what I would like to see them do with their selections in the NFL Draft. I have really enjoyed our 1st quarter, but aside from those 2 topics there is nothing that I am dying to pursue an interest in.

9 comments:

Sarah's Blog said...

I liked poetry too!!! YAY!!! jk... but seriously. I wish I could've read that Mike Vick poem. It sounds funny : )

HAHA Mike Vick the Musical?? Are you acting in it?! because I will need a copy of it if you are. I also think movie script writing would be Sa-WEET!

so yea, keep up the solid work hombre.
Hasta Luego

common sense said...

EY Tom
I enjoyed poetry too budday but not as much as I did the short stories.
So aboot the strongest piece, I think that I need to see the Mike Vick poem, so get it oot as soon as you read this.
Keep up the sik writin skills my brotha from anotha motha!

and in an attempt to copy the master of all languages, Sarah.
Au revoir!!!!!!!!!!!!

common sense said...

Bonjour Tom, je bats Sarah à commenter sur votre blog. Parce que je suis plus impressionnant qu'elle est. Elle lutte à l'écriture d'espagnol et je suis juste s'impressionnant. Donc j'ai voulu vous permettez de sais juste, en français, cela bien que Sarah est assez frais. Je suis à peu près la merde. Aussi je suis canadien, et elle est jalouse de lui. Et probablement secrètement dans l'amour avec cela. Cela est tout. La paix hors !

Sarah's Blog said...

Hola Tomas! Como estas? Yo espero que tu estes bien. Yo estoy bien pero tengo hambre y yo quiero comida. Tambien yo no quiero estar aqui. Si yo tengo un coche, yo manejaria a mi casa y comeria y miraria la television. Yo gano y tyler no gana!!!!! hahahaha.

Adios!

common sense said...

SARAH LOSES


I WIN

common sense said...

FOREVER

common sense said...

she secretly is in love with my canadian-ness. shhhh!

Sarah's Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah's Blog said...

Yes i'll admit that i am jealous of your Cananananada-ness. but i believe I have won once and for all. so there. SUCK IT!