Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What Makes Tom Happy

1. Happiness is found in small things, the everyday things. Happiness is when your favorite football team wins, happiness is getting something in the mail you actually want to read, happiness is a joke that you found really funny. Happiness is in everything, you just have to have the right attitude to enjoy it.

2. I'd have to say the Falcons are one of my greatest sources of happiness, the Chicago Bulls too. Even in a down season (for both thus far... :( ) I still love watching them play and maybe love it even more when they win because of the circumstances. But I think happiness for me specifically involves making a good joke with one of my impressions, or just making people laugh in general. That, aside from my passion for sports. Some things that make me happy that don't make other people happy are the NFL Draft and making Mock Drafts, or predictions of how you think the draft will unfold. I love doing this as much as anything I have ever done, and I don't think it is common in the High School to like that so much, haha. Those are my original things, but I love just hanging out with friends playing video games, eating pizza. It is so much fun, especially since I don't see a lot of my friends in classes I have this year.

3. Well, the Falcons and Bulls players influence my happiness. But my friends all influence my happiness by laughing at my jokes or saying hello to me in the halls, or just talking to me and asking me where I've been (like when I was sick). My Mom can influence my happiness also, and so can my dog, Ben. When I'm waking up in the morning Ben will come in wagging his tail (and he wags it so hard and his tail is so big that he knocks things off my desk and bedside table) and he will jump up on my bed and lick me on the face, making sure I wake up.

4. I impact Sarah and Tyler's happiness every day during third hour, and I help make all of my friends happier by making jokes and being funny. I can cheer my family up (not just my Mom, Dad and sister, my whole family) with my Bush impression and jokes that go along with it. I think my humor makes a lot of people happy. I think everyone has that opportunity though, just being nice or talking to someone you don't usually talk to can make their day. Telling a joke or sitting next to them, it can be the difference between a boring and normal day and a fun day they might actually tell their parents about.

5. My greatest need is to continue to foster my passion for the NFL and NBA through mock drafts or watching the games. I have a dream to work in the NFL one day, maybe as the General Manager of a franchise, and if I continue to work and feed that passion I certainly think I can achieve that goal, as lofty as it is. That is my need, it is a strange need, but after reading my other blogs what else could you possibly expect?

3 comments:

common sense said...

Don't let Sarah say anything here. Good post Tom. But she knows she can't beat me

common sense said...

She'll get mad cuz I was first.
Also I like that you mentioned me.
Good lookin out!

Sarah's Blog said...

Hahaha... yes. Football does affect people's happiness. Also you completely affect my mood. Without your water today, I would've died. For serious. I also hope that you reach your goal/dream to work for the NFL. Go Falcons!