Monday, January 7, 2008

These Blog Titles Are Getting Harder and Harder To Make Fun Of

1. One principle that guides me in life is treating others like you want to be treated. Naturally, I don't always follow it, however it still helps me decide whether I should say something or if I should keep it to myself. Lots of times I will completely ignore this (Especially with my friends, just because that is kind of what we do, we make fun of eachother all the time. It's fun!) but I do think about it often and I do think that it helps me decide whether to say something or not say it. I'm not perfect though, so I do say mean things sometimes, even though it goes against this principle. But I'd rather try to uphold this and fail than just give up and treat people like garbage all the time. It's better this way.

2. Every time I watch the news it seems that more young men and women have died in Iraq, and that is something I hate to see. And whether you are a liberal or a conservative you should not like to see these people dying, and I don't think many do. However, as often as these people are dying and it is being reported and mourned, there is little being done about it. Hindsight is 20/20, and it is clear now that it was a mistake to go there, but that doesn't mean we can just waste billions of dollars a day so our armed forces can die.

3. I suppose I want to accomplish a number of things. On thursday I am doing stand-up at the Cabaret (It's french for talent show) and I am very excited for it, and I want to accomplish having a good performance there. Then, further down the road I hope to achieve my goal of getting an internship with the Minnesota Vikings scouting department. I want to do that for May Term, and it would be extremely fun and entertaining. That is what I want to accomplish. And I guess graduating, though that won't be too hard. I "chope" it won't be too hard.

1 comment:

common sense said...

Nobodies perfect Tom. But we are pretty damn close. I just thought I'd say that before I got to the real meat of the comment at hand.

ANYWAYS, the news sucks, period. Plus, whats with the news, I mean they never tell me anything cool. But you got super political with that question and I lost focus. Your accomplish things are cool, Vikings would be tight. Cabaret, I have to be in that for class, which kind of sucks, but maybe I'll see your performance.

PEACE out Tommy