Monday, December 10, 2007

Luigi Pirandello says this blog will never die!!

1. It can be very important, but sometimes it might not be as important. In some cases, adding a theme can be extremely important because it would add more meaning and depth to what you are writing. One instance might be a short story, because usually they are fictional, or only slightly based off of real life. So, if there is an important theme or message that the reader picks up on (or is supposed to pick up on) throughout the story, it makes the short story more important, easier to read and the reader will generally feel better after they've read it. Personally, I don't care too much for finding or creating an important theme. Usually, I just go for comedy and try to make the reader laugh, or my audience laugh. That means on occasion my writing isn't as strong as it could be, but it accomplishes what I want it to, and that's really all I care.



2. I suppose writing about an ageless conflict or ageless human problem would be a good start if you wanted to have your writing preserved for hundreds or even thousands of years. However, I'm not entirely sure what that would be. Perhaps, love (like in Romeo and Juliet) mixed with great tragedy, because both of those will always be involved in human life. I don't really have any passion to write something like that, so, it is hard for me to think of possible topics that would be preserved for a long time or revered for years. Personally, I don't see myself writing something that lasts that long or is ever that popular. I envision myself going into an occupation in the NFL and maybe doing stand-up on the side, so I really don't think I will be writing to support myself or to attempt to get something of that caliber published in my lifetime.



3. That is an interesting question, and I would have to say I'd like to use my comedy and my humor to help make people happier around me. I don't think I will run for President, I don't think I will be a Senator, but I think I will always be funny and I will always be smart. So, I can use both those traits to my advantage to make my humor more interesting and entertaining. I don't know if I could accomplish that with my writing as well as I might be able to if I was speaking it, but I suppose I could. It wouldn't be quite as funny, but I'd hope that it would still make the world around me happier or help my audience laugh for a while, because that is what I love to do.

6 comments:

common sense said...

Bravo Tom for the good post. It makes me feel a bit better then you will make everyone around you a bit happier, because it seems like everytime school rolls along in the morning, I get a bit unhappier haha.

common sense said...

Also, not to bring up old grudges, but if Sarah happens to read this. I rule. She drools. I win, she loses. Just as always.

Sarah's Blog said...

I love laughing too!!!! YAY!!! fo sho... OOOOOO. I never thought about that aspect be' fo. That ageless conflicts and problems were the reason some literature have been around so long. That's a good one! YAY TOM!!! and I would fo sho vote for you for senator... fo sho!

Sarah's Blog said...

Tyler is a stupid face... fo sho!!!

common sense said...

Sarahs just frontin, she dunno how I DO i represent for the NORTH. so if she step ima have to smack sumbahday. She knowz all I do iz WIN. Don't watch me watch tv. I be gettin my moneyz, Tyler for president yall I'm outy

NAT said...

good blog tom...great writing skills..i think you are funny too so its good you're confident about that :)